WooCommerce Bookings Integration
The release includes a powerful integration with the popular WooCommerce Bookings extension, allowing you to perform Zap automations with WooCommerce Bookings data using a new Booking trigger:
For example, when a customer places a booking on your WooCommerce store, you can now automatically add events (including booking start and end times) to your Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar.
You could also send automated and tailored emails to your customers on WooCommerce Booking events such as bookings confirmed or completed. Or even automatically send your customer a reminder email or SMS the day before their booking date.
These automation possibilities have the potential to save WooCommerce Bookings users a lot of time, and it is the most requested feature since WooCommerce Zapier 2 launched a year ago.
The following booking-related trigger events are available for use in your Zaps:
- Booking created
- Booking ordered
- Booking status changed
- Booking updated
- Booking cancelled
- Booking deleted
- Booking restored
More information on this new WooCommerce Bookings integration can be found in our documentation.
Advanced Custom Fields Integration
This release also improves compatibility with plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields by improving WooCommerce metadata handling so that hidden metadata record values do not override non-hidden metadata values with the same name.
Other Improvements and Fixes
- Ensuring that timezone information is present for date-based data fields in triggers.
- Fixing an issue that was causing 3 Coupon data fields to not show in the Create Coupon and Update Coupon actions.
Excluded Product Ids,
Excluded Product Categories,
Exclude Sale Items. Click the Refresh Fields button in your Zap editor to get access to these fields.
- When retrieving sample data in Triggers, ensure the latest (most recently created) records are returned first. For example, newly created customers are shown at the top.
- Improved handling of stale authentication credentials, which would intermittently cause Halted Task errors.
- Improved error messages for HTTP communication problems.
- And more!
The full list of changes can be found in our WooCommerce Zapier version 2.2.0 release notes.
All existing users already have access to these changes without needing to lift a finger.
If you’d like to use the new WooCommerce Bookings integration, please ensure you update the WooCommerce Zapier plugin to version 2.2.0.
The latest plugin version can also be downloaded via your WordPress dashboard, or your WooCommerce.com my account page.